From The Desk Of: Stefan Berg
I´ve used Article writing a couple of years in my marketing and it gives me good results, driving traffic to my site. By placing articles in Article Directories you spread your visibility, brand you and get higher ranking in the search engines. All this ads up to make you more money in the longrun.
This is my article marketing strategy below. How to use Article Directories and do it right.
You need to know which Article Directories to use. There´s a bunch of Directories out there but I only use a few and I think that’s a good strategy to follow. Instead of spending a lot of time publish articles in every Directory, you should spend time writing new articles and publish them in the article directories you are using.
A few examples that I use and where I get good result is: Ezine article.com, Articlesbase.com and Go Articles. The best way to find them is on Google, search for Article Directories.
Here is what to do:
1. Set up an account in each Directory you want to submit your article in.
2. Post your articles. This is Very Important… Read through the guidelines before you start posting, to get your article approved. In some Directories it takes up to a week to get your article approved. – Take your time and do it right from the beginning – It will save you a lot of time. Instead of getting your article rejected because you havn´t followed the guidelines.. URL:s are usually only approved in the “resource box”.
3. You are allowed to have a “Resourcebox” – that is your Pitch – where you can advertise yourself. It is important to make it look professional. The purpose of this box is to get people to click on your links, because this is the way to get traffic to your website or blog. Create a call to action!
4. Choose the proper category for your article – use one that reflects your article best. Then it will be targeted for the right people. If you put it in wrong category your article may not be approved.
5. Take time to find good keywords. Keywords that rank you on the 1st page on Google on a Keyword people search for. Do this before you write the article. You also need tags or keywords that are related to the main keyword you use in the article. Fill out the “tagline”. This will make sure that your article show up when people search inside the Article Directories, on your blog and other places.
There are other places outside the Article Directories where you can post your article: Forums. Social bookmarking sites, like Digg, del.icio.us, propeller… Save time by using socialmarker.com. You have to use a shorter version of your article, a teaser.
Last and most important is of course, post all articles on your own blog. This will increase the number of visitors to your site and help you get a higher ranking in the search engines. Use your Blog Link, URL in all these places and you’ll start see some good results.
High quality articles with high quality keywords will get you customers that will rely on your expertise now and in the future… People buy from People they trust and like. Your articles might give you customers who buy from you year after year.
A Last Thing Don’t forget to Ping everything You are doing. (hint Google Pinging)
This was my article marketing strategy, a few tips and a reminder of how useful Article Directories are – If you aren’t using them already – I recommend you to start Today!
I Have a Video Serie About Article Writing… Watch The 1st Video Here!